You are here

News

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 23:58
Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar has referred the damning report of the Life Sport audit—including alleged fraud, theft, questionable payment and other criminal activities—to the Police Commissioner, Director of Public Prosecutions, Integrity...
Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 00:01
Insisting that he has been cleared of any wrongdoing in the Life Sport audit, yesterday, Sport Minister Anil Roberts says he will not tender his resignation from the People’s Partnership Government.
Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 00:07
Communications Minister Vasant Bharath has apologised to the media for statements made by Dennis Mc Comie, director of communications in the Office of the Prime Minister, at Thursday’s post-Cabinet press briefing.
Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 00:12
Leader of the Opposition Dr Keith Rowley says Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s decision to send the audit report into irregularities in the Life Sport programme to the police was intended to protect Sport Minister Anil Roberts.
Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 00:17
Former national security minister Jack Warner spoke of large sums of money being spent for entertainment, video recordings and catering services under the former Life Sport programme for at-risk youths.
Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 00:23
Although the sod to begin construction of the new Carenage Health Centre was turned only yesterday, Health Minister Dr Fuad Khan is already exploring the possibility of a sea ambulance and military hospital in the northwest peninsula.
Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 00:35
A senior manager with the Occupational Safety and Health Authority (Osha), who ruled that health and safety issues at the Immigration Division’s Port-of-Spain office were not hazardous to staff, has admitted to withholding evidence vital to his...
Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 00:41
People from across the country descended on the passport office in Port-of-Spain for “emergency” passports as the office opening hours returned to normal.
Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 00:47
A 35-year-old man, who was left with a broken jaw after he was allegedly ambushed by two soldiers in east Port-of-Spain last week, has taken legal action against the State, seeking compensation for his injuries.
Friday, July 25, 2014 - 23:48
Seventeen men and women held by police on Tuesday at the Jamaat al Muslimeen Carapo mosque have been released without charge.Jensen La Vende

Pages