You are here
Ministry to host upgrade-completion ceremony tomorrow
The East Port-of-Spain Development Company Ltd, through the Ministry of Planning and Sustainable Development will tomorrow host completion ceremonies for upgrade works at Manda Terrace, Upper MacKai Gardens and Enforcers Recreation Grounds, Belmont.
This is part of the company’s strategic development plan which outlines a participatory approach to implementing projects in which communities are key stakeholders. In 2011, Cabinet approved several projects identified by MPs and their constituents for implementation by special purpose state enterprises. Projects in east Port-of-Spain are managed and implemented by the company.
The projects in this phase involved upgrades to physical infrastructure and recreation facilities. They include:
• Construction of hard surface multi-purpose recreation court at Jacobin Street, Morvant
• Construction of storm water drains, access stairs, foot bridges and road works at Manda Terrace, off Lower St Francois Valley Road, Belmont
• Upper MacKai Infrastructure Works at Upper Belmont, including construction of storm water box drains, retaining walls and road works
• Construction of retaining wall at Herman Scott Street, Port-of-Spain
• Construction of reinforced concrete steps, drains and walkways and the installation of pedestrian handrails, in addition to asphalt paving to improve pedestrian access at Sapodilla Hill, Mapp Lands, Morvant
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.