You are here

Ramnarine: New natural gas master plan by 2015

Published: 
Saturday, February 8, 2014

Government plans to unveil a new master plan for the natural gas sector by next year. Energy Minister Kevin Ramnarine told delegates at the T&T Energy Conference earlier this week that “expressions of interest” had already been received from companies for the new plan which will cover the period 2014-24. 

 

“This master plan will compliment the national energy policy a drafty version of which will be put out for public comment shortly. The new national gas master plan will be in our hands before the Minister of Finance reads the 2015 national budget,” Ramnarine said. He also said within the next two years, the National Gas Company (NGC) will lose two of its largest supply contracts in British Gas (BG) and BP as well as the exploration of the Train I contract for 2018.

 

He said discussions on all three matters will begin later this year and local companies in the energy sector must be afforded an opportunity to benefit from the resurgence in activity in the upstream sector. 

Disclaimer

User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.

Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.

Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.

Before posting, please refer to the Community Standards, Terms and conditions and Privacy Policy