You are here
40 bands compete in Junior Panorama
The National Panorama competition continues as primary and secondary schools are set to take the stage on Sunday. Kick off time will be promptly at 8.30 am at the Queen’s Park Savannah. The competition, which is a collaboration between Pan in the Schools Committee and Pan Trinbago, will be divided into three categories: Primary, Secondary and Non-Schools. In all there will be 40 junior bands competing for the coveted title of Panorama winners 2012 with 2l bands in the primary category, 13 in the secondary and six for the non-schools category.
St Margaret’s Boys Anglican, the reigning champs in the Primary School category will be playing in position 16, while St Francois Girls’ Steel Orchestra and Success Stars Pan Sounds are in positions five and four consecutively in their categories. Rudo Forteau, Youth Development Officer of Pan Trinbago, wants all lovers of steel pan and parents to come out and show their full support.
In order of appearance:
1. St Stephen’s Anglican — Fire Down Below
2. St Mary’s Government — Moriba
3. Santa Maria Steel Orchestra — One Day
4. Cunapo St. Francis — Colours Again
5. Princes Town Methodist — Bacchanalist
6. Tranquility Government — Vibes
7. Nelson Street Boys — Play Yourself
8. Guayaguayare RC — Bacchanalist
9. Pres 2 All Stars — Roti
10. Fifth Company Rising Stars — Soca Baptist
11. Santa Flora Steel Orchestra — All Over
12. St Francis Erin Boys RC — Vibes Cyar Done
13. Diego Martin Girls — Ah Not Going Home
14. Richmond Street Boys RC — Play Yourself
15. Diego Martin Boys RC — Hooked
16. St Margaret’s Boys Anglican — Wake Up
17. Mafeking Music Musicians — All Aboard
18. Febeau Pan Giants — Pan For Carnival
19. Malabar RC — Fire Fire
20. Central Primary Schools Combined — Drums of Africa
21. Grant Memorial Presbyterian — Baddest
1. Mt Hope Secondary Steel Symphony — Birthday Party
2. East Mucurapo Secondary — Bacchanal
3. El Dorado East — Let Pan Reign
4. Barrackpore West Secondary — Bacchanalist
5. St Francois Girls’ Steel Orchestra — Trinbago
6. Goodwill Ind. — Pay De Devil
7. San Juan North Secondary — Boogsie Sharpe
8. BATCE Steel — Vibes
9. Mayaro Secondary — Doh Back Back
10. St Joseph Secondary Blazers of Steel — All Over
11. Speyside High School — Call My Name
12. South East — Vibes
13. Grande Combined — Baddest
1. Demerara Youth Club — Action
2. Exocubs — Sailors On The Road
3. BP Renegades Youth Steel Orchestra — Gie Dem Tempo
4. Success Stars Pan Sounds — Pan Victory
5. San Juan Commanders Youth Steel Orch — Ben Lion
6. San Fernando West Old Tech Youths — Mystery Band
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.