The office of Chief Justice Ivor Archie remained silent yesterday on just how he was able to accumulate more than nine months vacation leave, which runs contrary to the regulations governing...
You are here
Power and Groovy Soca Monarch finalists announced
Twenty finalists have been named for this year's International Power and Groovy Soca Monarch competitions on Fantastic Friday, February 8th at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port-of-Spain.
The names of the semifinalists and their songs, in no particular order, are as follows:
Digicel International Groovy Soca Monarch semifinalists
1. Patrice Roberts - A Little Wine
2. Neil Iwer D Boss George - Bubble
3. Dexter Blaxx Stewart - Nah Get Away
4. Destra Garcia - Call My Name
5. Nadia Batson - Manager
6. Denise Belfon - Wining Queen
7. Ravi Ravi B Bissambhar - Prescription
8. Darryl Farmer Nappy Henry - Stranger
9. Rodney Benjai Le Blanc - Feter
10. Drupatee Persad - Indian Gyal
Play Whe International Power Soca Monarch finalists 2013
1. Austin Super Blue Lyons - Fantastic Friday
2. Destra Garcia - Carry On
3. Rodney Benjai Le Blanc - Engoma
4. Shurwayne Winchester - We Control D Road
5. Tallpree Cambridge - Muddy Jab
6. Lornette Fya Empress Nedd-Reid - Rum Please
7. Marvin Swappi Davis – Cha-os
8. Jason JW Williams & Ancil Blaze Isaac Jr - Timing It
9. Devon Matthews - Start It Up
10. Shivonne Lil Bitts Churche - Raise D Dust
These contestants will go up against the reigning champion in both the Power and Groovy categories, Machel Montano.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.