You are here
Chris Brown pulls out Guyana concert after public protests
American performer Chris Brown has backed out of a performance in Guyana after protests there over his 2009 beating of then-girlfriend Rihanna, according to a concert promoter. Brown had been booked to headline the December 26 Unforgettable II show, but Hits and Jams Entertainment Group says his management pulled the artist amid recent media reports of protests by women’s rights groups and some lawmakers.
Brown’s representative did not respond immediately to ABCNews.com’s request for comment, but told E! online on Thursday: “This concert was never confirmed. The promoter is being untruthful.” Hits and Jams posted the announcement that Brown, 23, was cancelling on its Web site on Wednesday:
“The management team in a correspondence to HJ Entertainment said they do not feel comfortable at this stage allowing the multi-award-winning singer to come to Guyana as they have been following reports in the local and international press about the protests over his Guyana appearance.”
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.