Four T&T filmmakers have been chosen to take part in the CaribbeanTales Incubator (CTI) 2016. Greenlighted for the CTI are projects by Juliette McCawley, Kafi Kareem Farrell, Sean Hodgkinson...
You are here
Caribbean feature films announced for Film Festival
The T&T Film Festival (TTFF) has announced the first section of its programme of films for its 2014 edition, the Caribbean features section. Twenty feature-length films—ten fiction films and ten documentaries—will screen in this section at this year’s festival, which runs from September 16–30.
A release from the TTFF said the 20 films come from eight Caribbean countries: Barbados, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and T&T. They reflect a range of genres and thematic concerns.
“Our Caribbean section this year seems stronger and more diverse in subject and style than ever,” said Annabelle Alcazar, TTFF programme director. “We feel it represents a true reflection of our region.”
Eleven of the films will be in official competition, for one or more of three awards: Best Narrative Feature, Best Documentary Feature and Best T&T Feature. Several will also compete for the inaugural Amnesty International Human Rights Prize.
Still to be announced are the closing night film, the section of Caribbean short and medium-length films, the panorama section of feature-length films (films from world cinema), and the experimental films playing in the New Media section.
Already announced as the opening film is Pan! Our Music Odyssey, a T&T docudrama, which will have its world premiere.
Full line-up of Caribbean features
Films marked with an asterisk (*) are in competition.
Go to www.ttfilmfestival.com/caribbean-features for the synopses and trailers of all films.
• 200 Cartas, directed by Bruno Irizarry, Puerto Rico, 2013, T&T premiere
• Behaviour Ernesto, directed by Daranas Serrano, Cuba, 2014, T&T premiere*
• Cows Wearing Glasses, directed by Alex Santiago Pérez, Puerto Rico, 2014, Caribbean premiere*
• Giraffes, directed by Kiki Álvarez, Cuba, 2013, T&T premiere*
• Haiti Bride, directed by Robert Yao Ramesar, T&T/Haiti, 2014, world premiere*
• Keeping Up with the Joneses, directed by Rommel Hall, Barbados, 2014, T&T premiere
• Sensei Redemption, directed by German Gruber, Curaçao, 2014, international premiere*
• A Story About Wendy 2, directed by Sean Hodgkinson, T&T, 2014, Caribbean premiere
• Two Smart, directed by Shakirah Bourne and Ricky Redman, Barbados, 2014, international premiere
• Wake, directed by José María Cabral, Dominican Republic, 2013, T&T premiere
• The Abominable Crime, directed by Micah Fink, 2013, Jamaica/USA*
• Art Connect, directed by Miquel Galofré, 2014, T&T, world premiere*
• Blanco, directed by Melvin Durán, Dominican Republic, 2014, T&T premiere*
• Hotel Nueva, Isla directed by Irene Gutiérrez Torres and Javier Labrador Deulofeu, Cuba, 2014, Caribbean premiere*
• Legends of Ska: Cool & Copasetic, directed by Brad Klein, Jamaica/USA, 2014, Caribbean premiere
• Mala Mala, directed by Dan Sickles and Antonio Santini, Puerto Rico, 2014, Caribbean premiere*
• The Mountain, directed by Tabaré Blanchard and Iván Herrera, Dominican Republic, 2013, T&T premiere*
• The Price of Memory, directed by Karen Marks Mafundikwa, Jamaica, 2014, T&T premiere*
• They Are We, directed by Emma Christopher, Cuba/Sierra Leone/Australia, 2014, Caribbean premiere*
• You and Me, directed by Natalia Cabral and Oriol Estrada Dominican Republic, 2013, Caribbean premiere*