“MAYHEM”, screamed the Guardian headline on Friday as four more brutal murders were reported and more cases of people gone missing. Earlier in the week a schoolboy was found murdered.
You are here
No registration so Skatie disqualified
The Trinbago Unified Calypsonians' Organisation (TUCO) has disqualified Skatie from this year’s National Calypso Monarch Competition.
In a release yesterday, it said Skatie, whose real name is Carlos James was given a hearing earlier in the day at its headquarters into allegations that he had breached the registration process of the competition.
The statement said Skatie accepted that he breached the rules of the process and was unable to produce a receipt to confirm that he had paid the registration fees for the competition.
TUCO said: “In light of this the council was left with no choice but to declare Mr James invalid and void for the competition due to his lack of registration.”
It said Joanne Foster, the first reserve would now replace Skatie as a semi-finalist at Saturday’s event at Skinner Park, San Fernando.
TUCO also announced that Jameeka Mundy is now deemed the first reserve while Wayne Pierre, aka Wayne P, is now second reserve.