That it is morally wrong to marry off 12-and-14-year-old girls is irrefutable.
You are here
WOW...What a love
Monday, September 10, 2012
“Wow…What a love!” When last were you able to make that comment? Have you ever witnessed love that is so pure and seemingly never-ending? Maybe you have by witnessing or experiencing one or more of the following events:
• Family and friends embracing at the airport;
• A kidnap victim being reunited with loved ones;
• A dog demonstrating its happiness to see its owners return home;
• A newborn looking into mummy’s eyes for the first time;
• A parent and/or teacher hearing that a ‘promising student’ IS in the top one hundred;
• The initial conversations with a boyfriend or girlfriend that could have gone on forever;
• Getting your favourite meal just the way you like it when you wanted it;
• Seeing a baby make their first steps;
• A small child eating an entire ice cream cone;
• A spontaneous act of heroism without any thought for self or reward;
• Newlyweds on their way to the honeymoon;
• Daddy giving a piggy-back ride that was thoroughly enjoyed by every family member;
• Your favourite athlete or team deservedly winning the overall title/prize;
• Finally receiving the gift you have always longed for.
I’m sure you’ll agree; there is a lot more that can be added to that already long list. Each event speaks volumes emotionally and each is a joy to witness or experience. Day in and day out these occurrences speak of priceless moments where others are able to admirably look on and exclaim “Wow…What a love!” Some are even tempted to become jealous and question how fair is this life. Some may even feel that it’s definitely only for a select few and as a consequence, may not believe that they too can experience what others have experienced, but learn quickly. Some wait for it to happen and some do what they can to make it happen. This, in spite of the challenges or hardships faced. Regardless of what we may perceive as our limitations, we are all deserving of LOVE… UNCONDITIONAL LOVE! We may feel that we have to earn this love to receive it, but it can and should be given without us having to do anything to obtain it. With all its twists and turns, I daresay that life is still fair and full of unexpected loving moments. We all have painful experiences, but it doesn’t mean that we will never again have pleasurable ones. What are your expectations? Good and bad things will happen to everyone. Take heart!!! The fact that you got up this morning and you are still breathing IS WORTH REJOICING ABOUT!
What we both face may be different, but we can all expect and experience a love that is pure and true. Such a love does exist for me and for you! It’s God’s love and Yes, HIS LOVE is unconditional! No matter what you go through, know that with his help and guidance you can get through life’s situations. At times we may be tempted to feel sorry for ourselves, or we may come down hard on ourselves because of mistakes made. No one is immune… we all make mistakes or experience hurt. Others, due to their own hurts and incorrect choices, may knowingly or unknowingly fail or disappoint us; but we can, with God’s help, forgive them. It’s a choice that we can and must make IF we are to experience all of the loving experiences we can. Remember, what we wish for others can be our experience so wish others well. Look again at the remarkable situations highlighted above. They all give a glimpse of what love looks like, but are a minuscule representation of God’s love available to us. I encourage you to search daily for opportunities to see others as God sees them; worthy of the good things…just like us! Worthy of an abundance of love! This understanding, I got from the source of love; God, who is love! Our minds can’t fathom just how much we are loved by God! “Wow…What a love!” Please send your questions and comments to Don La Foucade at firstname.lastname@example.org