Kirk Henry has been appointed CEO of the National Information and Communication Technology Company Ltd (iGovTT). He took up duties on April 3.
You are here
Fishermen and Friends 2015 wish list
As we move into another new year, the Fishermen and Friends of the Sea (FFOS) offers their wish list for 2015:
• That the Government open discussions on reasonable fishery compensation for the massive Petrotrin oil spills and COREXIT toxicity
• That the EMA require detailed environmental impact assessment's for all marine seismic surveys (bombing)
• That the Government consult stakeholders on the secret redrafting of the EMA Act
• That the Green Fund recipients, and quantum's dispersed from 2010 to 2014 be made public
• That the Government develop emergency response legislation and a co-ordinated plan for private/public facilities/equipment in national chemical and energy industry emergencies
• That the Government make public all maintenance schedules, public risk and warnings relating to Petrotrin's aging and dilapidated infrastructure.
• That the DPP charges brought against two FFOS supporters and it's corporate secretary be exposed as discriminatory and intended to control the assembly and movement of slaves, of which we are not! (Antiquated law)
• That FFOS judicial actions continue to protect our vulnerable, create legal precedents to ensure good public administration and ultimately benefit the Commonwealth. (FFOS are currently before the High Court on one matter and before the Appeal Court on another.)
• That our Honourable Prime Minister, Kamla Persad-Bissessar begin peaceful mediation of the concerns raised by the Highway Re-Route Movement
• That the Government extend a humanitarian arm to those fisher families who have recently suffered loss on the North Coast, while also assisting our members to obtain insurance (currently unavailable)
• That Government uphold the law, prosecute illegal and unsustainable shrimp trawlers recently arrested poaching east of Saut D'Eau Island, and enforce the "One Strike Out" clause agreed by all 18 stakeholders!
• That our God-given potable water aquifers on the Northern range be protected for future generations.
• That supplemental CECs be required for all recklessly approved quarries granted without environmental safeguards in sensitive aquifer areas.
Corporate secretary, FFOS
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.