You are here
Why I voted with Manning
Diego Martin Central MP Dr Amery Browne yesterday gave the reasons for his voting with San Fernando East MP Patrick Manning yesterday:
• Patrick Manning made a very persuasive argument during his presentation and winding up.
• He made a direct appeal to MPs for support.
• The Government voted for the measure so it was destined to be defeated.
• Opposition MPs voted for Manning before my vote.
• Voted on conscience and on principles.
Browne said he continued to support Dr Rowley as PNM leader and Opposition Leader.
He said he would have voted the same way for any other PNM MP in the same circumstances.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.