Queen’s Royal College principal David Simon did not hold back punches at the hosting of the school’s Achievement Day ceremony held at Queen’s Hall in St Ann’s, Port-of-Spain, on October 13, where...
You are here
Banned Mavado gets ‘one-off’ show in T&T
Controversial Jamaican dancehall artiste Mavado, who has been banned in T&T, was allowed here for a “one-off” concert after his management and promoters requested this, National Security Minister John Sandy confirmed yesterday. Replying to an Opposition question in the Lower House, Sandy said the ban on Mavado, also known as David Constantine Brooke, had not been lifted.
Sandy said, however, that an “accommodation” was made for Mavado’s entry to T&T, after submissions by his management team and show promoters, including Tri Star Promoters and Tariff Promotions. PNM MP Donna Cox asked Sandy if he was aware that Mavado had been banned in Guyana, St Vincent, the Bahamas and other places because of his pro-gun, violent and anti-gay lyrics. Sandy said he was not aware of this. He said he did not even know who Mavado was.