Last update: 18-Dec-2013 7:04 am
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
Trinidad & Tobago Guardian Online
You are here
SAUTT employees wait on parting package
The compensation package for 300-plus former employees of the Special Anti-Crime Unit of T&T (SAUTT) is still being finalised. In a brief telephone interview with Sunday Guardian, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of National Security Jennifer Boucaud-Blake said, “That (compensation package) is being handled by administration and is still being processed.”
Boucaud-Blake said she couldn’t give a timeframe as to when the money would be paid, saying, “That aspect of it is being worked on.” Last month, National Security Minister Jack Warner said the former employees would receive three months’ pay as a parting financial package from the now defunct unit.
Reports had revealed the contracts of employees from two related national security agencies ended on October 31. The agencies—the National Security Operations Centre (NSOC) and the National Security Training Unit (NSTU)—also formed part of SAUTT.
The employees received an e-mail on October 3 from interim head of administration and human resources Patricia Seepaul telling them Boucaud-Blake had granted approval for the extension of the agency and its existing staff from October 1 to 31.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.