You are here
Probe into cops’ murder charges continues Feb 4
The preliminary inquiry into murder charges against six police officers accused of killing three people in 2011 can end next month.
Senior Counsel Gilbert Peterson told Senior Magistrate Debra Quintyne in the Princes Town Magistrates Court yesterday only 11 more prosecution witnesses were left to testify.
The officers charged are acting Cpl Khemraj Sahadeo and Constables Antonio Ramdhin, Glen Singh, Roger Nicholas, Ronaldo Rivero and Safraz Juman.
Peterson, leading the State’s case with Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard, SC, told Quintyne four witness statements had been filed and six more statements were expected to be completed and filed by next week Friday.
The officers, who had been attached to the San Fernando Robbery Squad, are accused of murdering Moruga friends Alana Duncan, Abigail Johnson and Kerron “Finger” Eccles on July 22, 2011. They were shot on Rochard Douglas Road, Barrackpore.
Constables Balraj Bhagwandeen and Jaggan Balgobin testified yesterday. Bhagwandeen tendered five firearms register entries into evidence and Balgobin tendered one entry. The matter was adjourned to February 4. RR
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.