You are here
Man, nephew critical after drinking tainted juice
A 35-year-old man and his 13-year-old nephew remain in a critical condition at hospital after they both drank a poisonous substance which was mixed in orange juice. According to reports, around 3 pm on Monday, Clayton Guildford, of Block 22, Laventille, prepared orange juice for himself and his nephew Shakiel. The two began to vomit continuously after drinking the juice and relatives took them to hospital.
Shakiel was taken to the Wendy Fitzwilliam Paediatric Hospital in Mt Hope, while his uncle was warded at the Port-of-Spain General Hospital. Detectives of the Port-of-Spain CID on Tuesday recovered the jug and the remainer of the juice, which was taken to the Forensic Science Centre in St James for testing.
Police had not interrogated Guildford up to yesterday and have not determined if the juice was contaminated accidentally or if it was a deliberate act. ASP Ajith Persad and Insp Sahadeo Singh are investigating.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.