You are here
PM names Child Protection Task Force members
Diana Mahabir-Wyatt will chair the Child Protection Task Force whose formation was announced Sunday by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar in the wake of the brutal killing of 6-year-old Keyana Cumberbatch and 1-year-old Jacob Munroe.
Also appointed by the PM to the committee are:
- Clifton De Coteau – Minister of Gender, Child and Youth Development
- Raziah Ahmed – Minister in the Ministry of Gender, Child and Youth Development
- Sandra Jones – PS, Ministry of Gender, Child and Youth Development
- Anna Maria Mora – Psychologist
- Stephanie Daly SC – Chair, Board of Directors of the Children’s Authority
- Hazel Brown – Special Envoy on Women and Girls
- Brenda Gopeesingh – Special Envoy on Women and Girls
- Gregory Sloane-Seale – Programme Coordinator, Citizens Security Programme
- Zena Ramatali – President, National Parent Teachers Association
- Clive Dottin, of the Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Kathy Bharrathsingh – Manager of Student Support Services, Ministry of Education
- Angela Edwards – Chief Technical Officer, Ministry of the People and Social Development
- Trudy Rouse – Manager of Mental Health, Ministry of Health
- Rondall Feeles – President, Single Fathers Association of T&T
- Margaret Sampson-Browne, retired Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Hazel Thompson-Ahye, Attorney, Child Rights Advocate
The Task Force, which is to meet Friday morning at the Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development, has been mandated to report on its findings to the Prime Minister within six weeks.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.