You are here
Keyianna kidnap suspect finally arrested
The 33-year-old man who allegedly abducted six-year-old Keyianna Noel last month remained in hospital last night, after he was finally arrested by police yesterday. The suspect, who had been on the run since he released the child, complained of body pains while in detention at the Besson Street Police Station, after being held by officers of the North Eastern Division Task Force (NEDTF), headed by Inspector Roger Alexander and including Sgt Cornelius Samuel, Cpl Williams, and PC Mootoor.
The man was first taken to the Morvant Police Station after his capture yesterday morning. The suspect was due to surrender to police on December 20, three days after he allegedly snatched the child from her Duncan Street, Port-of-Spain home. On that day he failed to show. Yesterday, officers said he was scheduled to meet with them between 9 am and 10 am, again to surrender. When officers realised he was not coming and his cell phone was switched off, they contacted informants who told them where the man was last seen.
The man was held at 9.30 am along the Eastern Main Road in San Juan. The man’s attorney, Fareed Ali, said his client was taken to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital after complaining of severe abdominal, chest and head pains.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff. Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Please help us keep out site clean from inappropriate comments by using the flag option.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments. Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.