A Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO) team, which visited this country last week, says T&T is over prepared for Ebola.
You are here
No bail for teen charged with attempted murder
A 14-year-old boy was denied bail yesterday on a charge of attempting to murder another teenager who was shot in the neck. The accused appeared before Deputy Chief Magistrate Mark Wellington in the San Fernando court. He was charged on Monday. It is alleged that he shot 16-year-old Christophe Grenville during an argument at Tarodale, Ste Madeleine, on December 23. The victim is in a stable condition, said court prosecutor Cleyon Seedan.
The accused parents were in court. The teenager’s legal aid lawyer Jason Jackson asked the magistrate to grant him bail, particularly because of his age. Jackson told the court the accused had pending matters for robbery with violence and possession of marijuana.
The magistrate said he was going to grant him bail but because he allegedly committed the offence while on bail on a robbery charge he would not. The magistrate advised Jackson of his client’s right to apply to a judge in chambers for bail. The teenager was remanded to the Youth Training Centre in Arouca. As his mother was leaving, the teenager embraced her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. The matter was adjourned to February 11.