Despite numerous discussions on climate change the country needs to do much more, especially as T&T is an energy-based one, says deputy permanent secretary of the Ministry of Planning Beverly...
You are here
No bail for sex with daughter, 10
A man from Diego Martin, who is accused of raping his ten-year-old daughter three times last year, was denied bail when he appeared in court yesterday morning. The 32-year-old man, who cannot be named to protect the identity of the victim, was not called upon to plead to the three incest charges which were laid indictably. The man is accused of raping the child at their home on three occasions between September and December last year. He was arrested by Western Division police in a police anti-crime exercise last Friday.
Magistrate Maureen Baboolal-Gafoor, who was presiding over his hearing in the Port-of-Spain Seventh Court, denied him bail after police prosecutors said his criminal tracing had not been processed. Baboolal-Gafoor also asked him to consider where he would be living if granted bail, as part of his bail conditions would include an order that he would not contact his daughter, who lives at his home. The suspect represented himself. Baboolal-Gafoor adjourned the matter to today when she will consider the suspect’s bail.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.