At first I thought it was a misreport but then, Minister Lincoln Douglas denied it and confirmed it simultaneously last week: Three hundred and fourteen million dollars for the NCC!
You are here
2 murders in Morvant, Laventille
The murder toll now stands at 107 after two murders in Morvant and Laventille. For the same period last year the murder toll was 102. Police reports are that 24-year-old Wendell Terry was found in a track off Village Council Road, Laventille, on Sunday with gunshot wounds. Terry, of St Barb’s, was found around 3.30 pm by residents who had heard gunshots. His killing was labelled gang-related by police.
In the second unrelated matter, security guard Michael Smith, 55, of Marrie Road, Morvant, was found with a single stab wound to the chest around 5 am yesterday. Police said Smith was heard arguing, after which there were loud screams and residents later found his body at the side of the road. Police believe his assailants robbed him and during the robbery he tried to fight them off but was unsuccessful. Meanwhile, two men have died in two separate accidents.
Brian Baptiste, 32, who was reported missing just over a month ago, was found inside his car which had veered off the North Coast Road, Maracas. Police said Baptiste, of Building 17, Maloney Gardens, was still inside the car when it was found over the weekend. In the second accident a 42-year-old coconut vendor, Henry Ernest, died on Sunday when his black Toyota slammed into a white Nissa Tiida at the corner of BWIA Boulevard and St Helena Road, Piarco. Police said Ernest was found naked and may have been under the influence of a narcotic.