Arzaak, a beaten-favourite over course and distance last month, when Alkashaaf prevailed by a neck, attempts to retrieve losses and go one better in the six furlongs Maiden Stakes on Chelmsford...
You are here
Ford: I did not confirm 7,000 voters were rejected from PNM list
General secretary of the PNM Ashton Ford states categorically that at no time did he ever confirm that 7,000 applications were rejected from the preliminary list of electors for the party’s internal elections scheduled for May 18. He also indicated that the issue of 7,000 rejected voters never came from the general secretary or any officer of the PNM. Ford said it was Ronald Boynes who made the statement in a television interview on TV6’s Morning Edition programme on April 15, the morning after the General Council meeting.
Ford said that information contained in a story headlined “Penny supporters get green light to register,” which appeared on page A5 of the Trinidad Guardian on April 26, was erroneous.