As parishioners of St Theresa’s RC Church in Woodbrook continue raising funds for their Bell Tower Fund, a concert will be held at the church on De Verteuil Street on May 11, headlined by honey-...
You are here
Key work in recent times
As police work to bring the perpetrators of Senior Counsel Dana Seetahal’s murder to justice, documents from the Attorney General’s office show Seetahal advised and or was advising on the following matters among several others:
1. The Miscellaneous Provisions (Administration of Justice) Bill 2014. The amendments to the DNA and fingerprint laws and amendments to the Jury Act. Debate on this bill resumes on Friday.
2. The Motor Vehicle and Road Traffic Bill 2014. This took into consideration the creation of a new motor vehicle authority and the reformation of traffic laws bearing in mind the need for road safety and the need to stamp out the high levels of corruption at the Licensing Office.
Seetahal also advised on:
• The Indictable Offences (Committal Proceedings) Bill 2014 (Abolition of preliminary inquiries.
• Soldier/Police Bill.
• State of emergency.
• Advertising in the legal profession.
• Plea bargaining.
• Abolition of jury trials.
• The sale of Abu Bakr’s properties.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.