When Diner en Blanc took place in Jamaica last year, someone whispered it was not going to be long before it hit Trinidad’s shores.
You are here
Four robberies in South
Nine people were robbed in four separate incidents in south Trinidad on Friday. The first to be robbed were six Cepep workers who were cleaning the drains at Charles Street Extension, La Romaine. Police said around 8.45 am two men, armed with a gun and a cutlass, accosted the group and robbed them of over $3,000 worth of cash, wallets and cell phones. The thieves ran off before police could arrive.
Hours later Roland Fortune, 37, of Santa Cruz boarded a taxi at Princes Town and asked to be taken to San Fernando. Upon reaching the Naparima/Mayaro Road, a passenger pulled out a gun and robbed Fortune of $1,500, a pair of steel-tip boots worth $500 and a cell phone valued $220. The thief then asked the driver to stop the car and ran away.
In Fyzabad, Zara Rajbansie escaped injury when a man walked into her home and robbed her. Rajbansie, 30, of Seelal Trace, Fyzabad said she was standing in the doorway of her bathroom when the thief ran into her home. She said she had forgotten to lock the door. The man snatched her handbag which contained her Samsung phone valued $3,000 and ran off. In Penal, robbers also held up a barbecue outlet owned by PC Ryan Ali. They escaped with an undisclosed sum of money.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.