close

Most Read

8 hours 3 min

Police and fire prevention officers have shut down the newly-opened $20 million Caribbean Cinemas South Park ten multiplex cinema, just a day after its gala opening in San...

You are here

Boy on the mend after hot water burn

Published: 
Monday, June 23, 2014

The condition of a five-year-old child who was burnt with hot water at his home is improving. Prince Coutanio, however,  remains warded at the San Fernando General Hospital nursing burns to the upper part of his body.  His mother Nyo John was not at their New City, Fyzabad, home when Guardian visited. Other relatives were reluctant to speak about the incident, but a male relative said the burns were not as bad as they first thought.

 

 

 “Is not the whole area that burn just patches. But he talking and thing.” The child’s grandmother who did not want to give her name said: “He is resting comfortably and doing well.” Siparia West/Fyzabad councillor Maurice Alexander visited the family as well yesterday offering support and assistance. The incident took place around 10.45 am on Friday while the child was home with his mother who was attending to her pre-mature baby in a bedroom.

 

Reports said John heard Coutanio scream out and she ran to the kitchen where she found him lying on the ground with burns to his body. PC Sooklal of the Fyzabad Police Station is investigating. Meanwhile the Angela Briggs, the mother of 11-year-old Dyer’s Village, Williamsville home who accidentally hung herself while playing, was visited by Minister in the Ministry of People and Social Development Vernella Alleyne-Toppin on Saturday.

 

Police believe the child was dancing when she accidentally hung herself from a piece of clothing on a line. She was pronounced dead at Princes Town Health Facility. The child’s eldest brother Pascal said the minister promised to assist them in anyway possible. The minister had also visited the parents of baby Christopher Rambhal who suffocated while breastfeeding and attended the funeral service of four-year-old Kimora Millette who died after a fire in a bedroom at her La Romaine home.