Last week, temporary Senator Maulana Waffie Mohammed, who was appointed by the Opposition United National Congress to defend the Muslim Marriage Act, was widely criticised for asserting that...
You are here
‘Saucy Pow’ denied bail on sex charge
Kelvin “Saucy Pow” Darlington was on Monday denied bail after he appeared in court charged with sexually assaulting a 15-year-old runaway from the St Michael’s Home for Boys.
Darlington, known mostly for his cross-dressing and gyrating in public, is accused of sexually penetrating the teen on New Year’s Day, by the bleachers at the side of the basketball court at Constantine Park, Macoya Road, Tunapuna.
He appeared in the Tunapuna Magistrate’s Court before Senior Magistrate Gillian Scotland after being charged on January 10 by Officer Medford of the Northern Division Child Protection Unit. Darlington’s case was adjourned to February 5.
Police said the sexual assault stemmed from a sexual tryst involving the teen, Darlington, a woman and another man. The woman is being sought as well after having had sex with the teenager, while the man is wanted for his role in the incident.
Police said further charges were expected to be laid against Darlington after investigations revealed he allegedly committed similar acts in other policing divisions, including Tobago.