Early Saturday, fake news would have occupied the thoughts of Denesh Ramdin but later in the night it was time to take revenge with the bat, as he smacked a century to take Preysal into the...
You are here
Fire leaves Caroni family homeless
A family of five is seeking assistance after fire destroyed their home at La Paille Village, Caroni, on Saturday night.
Andy Resal, a vendor and part-time gardener, said he returned home with his family on Saturday night and discovered that his house had burnt to the ground. He believes the family were victims of an arson attack
Resal’s sister, Donna Boodoo, said the family is in need of assistance.
“Our mother was sick and they took her to the doctor. When he came home everything was burnt to the ground,” she said.
Resal and his wife, Crystal, have three children, including a four-month-old adopted baby
“Everything is gone. They stepped out to take our mother to the hospital because she was not feeling well,” Boodoo said.
She said Resal is in a state of shock and “can’t catch himself.”
“He will be staying by me tonight but for how long?” she asked.
Boodoo said the house did not have electricity.
Anyone willing to assist the family can contract them at 328-4993, or 320-0989.
Fire prevention officers are continuing investigations.
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.