Whether Carnival 2015 is cancelled or not depends on the exponential rise in Ebola over the next month says Health Minister Fuad Khan. He was speaking at a forum on Carnival 2015 and Ebola at the S
You are here
CCC dropped from first class competition
ST JOHN’S—Combined Campuses and Colleges (CCC) have been dropped from the regional first class competition, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has announced. The decision to exclude CCC was made during a board meeting in Antigua over the weekend, according to a statement issued by the WICB on Monday. However the WICB approved a recommendation for CCC to compete in next year’s Nagico Super50 tournament.
Last year, the West Indies Players Association (Wipa) expressed its concern over initial moves by the WICB to exclude CCC from regional competitions. A number of players representing CCC are reported to have expressed their concerns to the Wipa and the proposal has been criticised in some quarters.
The decision is said to be a part of WICB’s new thrust to restructure regional competitions, and among other things, make them more financially viable. Cricketers who have played for CCC include Jason Holder, Chadwick Walton and Carlos Brathwaite.