A 25-year-old La Romaine man who allegedly raped a woman during a robbery at her home has been denied bail.
You are here
Anthony, Wilson adjudge points winners
Zoe Anthony of Marlins and Zarek Wilson of Blue Dolphins both amassed 81 points to top their respective Age Groups as High Point winners at the conclusion of the National Age Group Long Course Swimming Championship hosted by the Amateur Swimming Association of T&T at the National Aquatic Centre, Balmain, Couva on Sunday.
The 12-year-old Anthony tallied 14 wins and one silver over the five days of competition in the 11-12 boys age-group, the most by any swimmer and inclusive of no fewer than six Carifta Swimming Championship or CCCAN qualification times for next month’s 38th edition of the Carifta event carded for Kingston, Jamaica from March 31 to April 3.
Blue Doplins’ Savannah Chee-Wah who also achieved a few Carifta qualification times was a distant second with 58 points, four ahead of Tidal Wave Aquatics’ Gabrielle Vickles, another Carifta qualifier.
Wilson, also a 12-year-old, swam his way to 10 gold medals, seven of which were better than Carifta or CCCAN standard qualifying marks and two silver, while Marlins’ Nikoli Blackman (65) and Sea Hawks’ Josiah Changar (59) were second and third respectively overall in their age-group.
Today, the national team is expected to ratified by the ASATT council meeting which will take place at the Couva venue from 6.30pm.
Team T&T will be hoping to improve on its fourth placed finish in Bahamas last year, while T&T last captured the title in 2010 in Jamaica, after victory in Aruba a year earlier as well.
High Points Winners
Eight & Under:
1. Tamia Archibald (Pt Fortin Aqua Darts) - 38
2. Alyssa Reid (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 30
3. Harmoni Nelson (Tidal Wave Aquatics) & Asia-Marie Pouchet (Blue Dolphins) - 27
1. Keryn Burke (Atlantis Aquatics) - 65
2. Madara Edwards (Sea Hawks) - 62
3. Atiyah S. Walter (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 59.5
1. Zoe Anthony (Marlins) - 81
2. Savannah Chee-Wah (Blue Dolphins) - 58
3. Gabrielle Vickles (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 54
1. Isabella Edwards (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 69
2. Zahara Gaskin (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 56
3. Dominique Nurse Allen (Marlins) & DeNicha Lewis (Flying Fish) - 38
1. Jada Chatoor (Marlins) - 72
2. Jahmia Harley (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 71
3. Deshor Edwards (Atlantis) - 42
18 & Over Girls:
1. Shanntol Ince (Sea Hawks) - 59
2. Shania David (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 54
Eight & Under:
1. Rylan Thomas (Marlins) - 46
2. Alejandro Agard (Blue Dolphins) - 41
3. Adam Scoon (Marlins) - 39
1. Zachary Anthony (Marlins) - 72
2. Giovanni Rivas (Flying Fish) - 64
3. Liam Carrington (Atlantis Aquatics) - 56
1. Zarek Wilson (Blue Dolphins) - 81
2. Nikoli Blackman (Marlins) - 65
3. Josiah Changar (Sea Hawks) - 59
1. Kadon Williams (Pt Fortin Aqua Darts) - 62
2. Riquelio Joseph (Sea Hawks) - 56
3. Marquise Nelson (Atlantis Aquatics) - 52
1. Jeron Thompson (Atlantis Aquatics) - 64
2. Graham Chatoor (Marlins) - 62
3. Kael Yorke (Tidal Wave Aquatics) - 57
18 & Over:
1. Osaze Riley (Petrotrin Barracudas) - 50
2. Xavier Razac (Torpedoes) & John Procope (YMCA Tobago) - 40
User comments posted on this website are the sole views and opinions of the comment writer and are not representative of Guardian Media Limited or its staff.
Guardian Media Limited accepts no liability and will not be held accountable for user comments.
Guardian Media Limited reserves the right to remove, to edit or to censor any comments.
Any content which is considered unsuitable, unlawful or offensive, includes personal details, advertises or promotes products, services or websites or repeats previous comments will be removed.
User profiles registered through fake social media accounts may be deleted without notice.