According to Women’s Health Magazine, food and sex are two of the strongest and most closely linked human desires. And while the notion of aphrodisiacs is largely unfounded, there are certain foods that can energize you, trigger your libido, and give you stronger orgasms. They recommend that you eat these 11 foods regularly for a boost in the bedroom.
• Contain phenylethylamine: Releases the same endorphins triggered by sex and increases the feelings of attraction between two people.
• The Journal of Sexual Medicine: Those who consume at least one cube of dark chocolate daily experience greater desire and better overall sexual function than those who don't partake.
• Containcapsaicin: Effects mirror the signs of arousal (sweating, tingles, rapid heart rate, and flushed cheeks)
• Contains whole grains: Increases testosterone, which boosts sex drive. Add honey: Contains the mineral boron, which has a libido-enhancing effect
• Salmon and mackerel contain omega-3 fatty acids: Keeps sex hormone production humming
• Tuna contains selenium: Mineral that beelines to your guy's testicles to help increase his sperm count
• Ginger is a natural blood thinner: Aids overall circulation
• Edamame contains phytoestrogens: Helps lubricate the vagina
• Contains polyphenols: Antioxidants that allow blood to flow through your veins—a key component of good sex
• Contains zinc: A mineral that curbs production of a hormone called prolactin, which at high levels can cause sexual dysfunction
• Cheese contains magnesium, a mineral your muscles need in order to contract (spasm) during orgasm
• Add toppings like mushrooms and broccoli—both contain vitamin A, which regulates progesterone, a steroid hormone that helps flip on your sex drive
• Studies show the scent of cheese (any type) increases blood circulation to a guy’s nether regions by 5 percent
• Contains folate: A B vitamin that increases blood levels of histamine, a neurotransmitter that helps you orgasm
• Contains the plant chemical protodioscin: Been shown to boost arousal and even help combat erectile dysfunction in some men
• Southwestern University: Coffee drinkers have higher libidos and hit the sheets more often than those who don't indulge
• Add real sugar: Releases serotonin, a neurotransmitter that provides a brief euphoric feeling
• Increases estrogen levels
• Contains resveratrol: Antioxidant that improves circulation during sex
• Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation: Single guys prefer smooches that taste like alcohol
• Helps release serotonin (the happy chemical) into your bloodstream, lifting your mood and calming your nervous system
• Contain potassium: A mineral that increases muscle strength, an element crucial to orgasm