Honey Paprika Chicken Kebabs
• 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 4 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 4 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - cut into cubes
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 5 onions, cut into wedges
• 2 red peppers, cut into pieces
• 12 skewers
• Oil for the grill hotplate
Prep: 2 hours | Cook: 15 minutes
1. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, paprika, honey, soy sauce and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kebabs while cooking.
2. Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
3. Preheat barbecue for high heat.
4. Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
5. Lightly oil the cooking grill hotplate. Cook kebabs for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes
beforehand if using.