Minister of Health Terrence Deyalsingh took his second booster shot on Friday, as the country rolled out the programme for a select group of people.
Those eligible for the jab are those moderately to severely immunocompromised, those over 60 years of age, and healthcare workers.
Booster shots will be administered to members of the eligible groups who received their first booster four to six months prior and who have not had COVID-19 within the previous three months.
On Wednesday, Minister of Health Terrence Deyalsingh said only the Pfizer vaccine will be used as the second booster.
Second booster doses can be accessed at the following sites:
● North-West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA) – The Paddock, Queen’s Park Savannah
● Eastern Regional Health Authority (ERHA) – Sangre Grande Civic Centre, Mayaro Sport Facility, Hansraj Sumairsingh Multipurpose Complex (Rio Claro)
● North Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA) – COSTAATT, El Dorado, Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima Health Facility, Maloney Health Centre, Chaguanas Health Centre, Arouca Health Centre, Tacarigua Health Centre, St. Joseph Health Centre, UTT Chaguanas Campus at Munroe Road.
● South-West Regional Health Authority (SWRHA) – Southern Academy for the Performing Arts, South-West Regional Indoor Sporting Arena (Point Fortin), Debe Health Centre.
● Tobago Regional Health Authority (TRHA) – Scarborough Health Centre, Canaan Health Centre, Roxborough Health Centre.